Saturday 21 February 2015

Weekend Ankara Styles

Sometime last month at work, Ms S, Ms P and I were idle and decided to go through some old fashion Magazines. (Ms P's drawer is always full of such magazines). So as we scanned through Ankara styles, Ms S pointed at this Ankara cropped top paired with trousers and said
"Wow, I love this"
"Sorry babes, you can never ever "forever" wear something like that" I blurted out and Ms P laughed
 "As if I dont know" Ms S said and hissed, flipping to the next page.
"Ah aa why you dey hiss? I casually said. "Na with this big belle wei you carry you wan wear crop top, with the way you have blown up sef, getting back into shape after delivery is almost impossible"
"Thanks for reminding me" Ms S casually said and flipped to the next page
"Ms S don't mind her jare, she wei get shape make she wear am make we see now" Ms P said and I smiled
"Oh, You think I can't pull this off, make Una no dare me o"
"I dare you. Infact wear a crop top to work and I swear I go be your messenger for office with dis belle for one week!" said Ms S
"See this pregnant woman o" I said pointing a hand at her "No dare me o"
Ms S laughed. "I know you can't, go and sit down, its very easy to insult me cos am pregnant, you Wei no carry belle wear am make we see"
"Well, Na you sabi" I said and resolved in my mind to surprise them. I got my tailor to sew me a high waisted ankara flay skirt with a simple crop top that revealed some skin around my stomach area and for the past two weeks I have been looking for the right time to wear it, of course I can't wear it when our Madam at the top is around... So Yesterday, which was friday,(I had inquired the previous day and was 100%  sure madam wasn't going to be in the office. She had a very important meeting to attend so her chances of showing up at work on Friday was very slim), i rocked my crop Ankara attire to work. God, the look on their faces was epic.
"Ms S is in trouble o, wow you look gorgeous" Ms P complimented. You really need to introduce me to you tailor, he sews well"
Whenever you are ready was my reply.
Walking over to Ms S' table, I started clicking my fingers and turning round and round so she could see me well o. She was just smiling sheepishly, Lol. Placing my two hands on her table I commanded her to go bring me some files from the cabinet, after all she promised to be my messenger Abi?
You wish, was her reply and I laughed.
"Just thank God for this your belle sha" I told her. After a while when we had all settled down, the unexpected happened. My madam showed up for work. Obviously, the meeting she was to attend was canceled hence her reason for coming to work. Hot piss catch me, chai see ranting, i almost fainted. "Is this a brothel? "What sort of indiscipline is this? "How can you dress like this to work?" To cut a long story short, I was sent back home with a threat of being given a query on Monday. Of a truth, it was one of the worst moments of my life. I have being so demoralized that i couldn't blog any further yesterday, infact, i think i'm falling sick. My promotion is this year and if i get a query, i wont get the promotion, worst of all, i could lose the job with the way Madam was visibly shaking with anger, but God forbid. So make una help me pray o, I really need it. Secondly i'm looking for partners in crime who will fall in trouble with me (LOL) so today's Ankara styles are mostly crops. Would you dare to pull the look? Comments are now automatically published, that is, you will see your comment as soon as you click publish. This also means you no longer have to wait for your comments to get approved by me!

















Photo credit-Msaseobi/instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment