Thursday 12 February 2015

Beauty Tips to Keep in Mind this Valentine’s Day


I've been preparing for 2015 Valentines day for long now. I have been drumming it into my man's ears, let's call him Mr CT, that all I want for this years' Val day is a bucket of the crispy, yummy and tasty KFC with a big bowl of ice cream to push it down when am done devouring it. I can simply drive down to Wuse 2 or Grand Towers, Apo to buy it for myself but doing that doesn't make it special for me, does it? As a person, i cherish memories created on special dates. So you can imagine my disappointment when INEC decided to fix the Presidential election on February 14. All my dreams came crashing down and to add salt to injury, my man, Mr CT in his elation composed a song which he  sang to me each time the issue of Val's day came up. Lols
       "Election is February 14th, Valentine's Day is Cancelled. KFC not seeing a dime this year"!

Then the unexpected happened last week that had me dancing 'shoki a aaah'.

         "Election is canceled. Vals day is February 14th. So happy cos am gonna have a chicken buffet @KFC"! Lol
Well, CT has since been carrying face for me but I no send am o. I have been in my best behaviour since last week. Any ish - I jump am pass till February 14th o(LMAO). I have already shopped for my red dress and i'm having sweet dreams of eating KFC every night. Infact I've been waking up with a radiant smile since the postponement of this election.
* Do I have fellow KFC crispy chicken lovers like me here? O boy!
 *Are you going for a date this special Saturday which happens to be Val's day? here's a quick reminder of what you will need.

The Evening Date
If you are planning to go out at night, it’s the perfect chance to sport a sexy red lip. After all, it’s Valentine’s Day! But please, keep blush and eye makeup to a minimum so you don’t scare the poor guy. And if he tries to kiss you? No fear, girlfriend. I suggest MAC lipstick. I can vouch for it 'cos i use it and its non fading. It’s kiss proof, drink proof, party proof...., lol. You can also go for Sleek, Tara and L'oreal.

The Outdoor Date
Fun and adventurous dates might seem like an easy one when it comes to makeup, but things can go forgotten and turn your day out into a date from hell. Don't know about other places but the FCT is currently hot and sunny so please in addition to wearing a strong perfume, use anti perspirant roll on for your armpits to avoid the embarrassment sweat stains can cause you. Before leaving the house, you can also use a moisturizer that has sunscreen to protect your skin from damage caused by sun rays.

The all-morning, all-day and all-night date
Dates that never end can be the best kind of dates, if you don’t have to freak out about your makeup throughout. Given that Valentine’s Day is on a weekend this year, the possibility of a 24 hour-plus date isn’t so unlikely. Be prepared, because just bringing along your sunglasses won’t cut it (although they definitely help)! Try Zaron or Tara powder, yes they may be expensive but they will last on your face all day long! Moreover, they suit the Nigerian/black skin better unlike the other ones made mainly to suit the white's skin. Mascara is your other essential, so get one that volumises your lashes so you look effortlessly amazing but is also waterproof and long lasting. Because its an all day date, perfumes is another essential. You want to smell nice right? Try out perfumes that are long lasting not the ones that won't follow you past your door steps. Black Orchid by Tom Ford, Hypnotic Poison, Narcitssco Rodrigo for her, Versace oud Noir, J'adore by Christian Dior are amongst the best perfumes that stick to clothes even after washing. For those in Abuja,you can order these perfumes from PrezPerfumes on 08038616300

The staying-in date
Just because you have decided to stay indoors doesn’t mean you can’t get dressed up for your man. Am not suggesting smoky eyes or anything like that, though. I`d suggest a clean look with only minimal makeup. You can also show him you’ve gone to the effort with smaller things like a manicure and pedicure or even a hair change.

So, Which of the dates would go on Val's Day? Mine is definitely the all morning, all day and all night at KFC! Will love to know yours!


2 comments:

  1. hehehe. nice. definitely a day for.my ruby woo...
    nice blog. book marked
    Ivy Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes oh, I'm loving ur blog already. Bookmarked it too, sharp sharp. Weldone dear

    ReplyDelete